Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Reliving a Near Death Experience

Since my clunky 2009 Toshiba Laptop could not be revived and subsequently no photoshop, I've lived a placid life, devoid of any thrills of exploration. But whilst contemplating New Years Resolutions 2019 I yielded that Urbex is my absolute true life passion. Nothing gives me the same sense of euphoria or peace. I don't need to justify myself to anyone, it's mine.

What better way to start by reliving the closest I got to death at the Formosa Plastics Corp in the industrial plains of Kaohsiung. Without further ado or any photo editing.


The usual entry, the stripped out factory basement floor



Amuse-bouche: Keep Environment Hygienic Clean



The appetiser: Safety First

And then, that's as far as I got because I was sniffed down by packs of ravished barking dogs (of so many varying breeds - chihuahuas to angry big ones - ironically abandoned by owners). Seemed like up was the only way to go, they would totally outrun me in the fields of uncut grass. 

So for the next three hours I sit on the rooftop of this particular factory, contemplating if this was going to be my last day of life. To call the Emergency Services or not, my life would still be over. There was a great view but I really wasn't in the right frame of mind to take a photo... 

In the end I decided dying of dehydration in the scorching sun would be the worst. Cursed as I almost could not open the emergency rooftop door, because of how hard I jammed it shut with the canines metres behind me. Found some flimsy metal pipe on the wall, ripped it out. Still thank my lucky stars that the dogs got bored and left as I dashed my way out and into the nearest beverage shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment