Wednesday, July 22, 2020

162GBMD

A M N E S I A R C H I V E S

This blog used to help me remember who I was again when I had amnesia. The issue now is that most of my photos have been hoarded in storage for 4-6 years and most the memories and sensations linked to those photos have long faded away. I don't know how good it is for my mental health to go back digging into these files, but it's not the best anyway, still don't know what I'm doing with my life. 

Location: 162 George Bolt Memorial Drive
Date taken: June 2016

This was my second time to this rusty wonderland with approx 50 rusted cars. The first time (previous post) was the first day I bought my DSLR and had no idea what I was doing. Wasn't that much better 2 years later. The reason I put the precise address on - you can do your own research on this place and why it has been completely erased by end of 2018 and how it came to be. You can even Google Earth the time lapses.

Entered these 5 pictures into a photo contest in 2016. The second one got something but the rest were probably too sad. 






Wesley College Collegean Magazine 1963 - I'm guessing this used to be David McIvor's (this makes his birth year approx 1945). Thirsty for some KIA ORA fruit squash? Who knew eggless recipes were trendy in the 60s?


No comments:

Post a Comment