Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fourth Step Too Late: Brewery

Nike said "Just do it" 

I didn't. 

By the time I did, it was almost too late. The iconic Lion Breweries which have been standing in Newmarket for nearly a century was already half ploughed down by bulldozers... 


But never fear, I still managed to capture remnants from the original home of NZ Beer. 



Oh no! I got beer in my eye, what to do, what to do?!


Giant three story warehouse, with these giant holes in them! Used to hold giant barrels of hops for fermentation into beer. 


Ok, yes I know it's not convincing that I went to a brewery, for all you know I could've just gone to any old pile of rubble and said it's a brewery. Here's the proof. 


Thankfully the office building was still fully intact. I was greeted by asbestos warnings and a marble Captain Cook. How sad, everyone left James behind...



Office building corridor. I went inside a few offices. Read through boxes of meeting notes from 2001 blah blah blah... Nothing that mind-blowing. 

Learnt my lesson. Just do it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment