Thursday, January 2, 2014

inceptiones novae

Call me a loner, a recluse, a misanthrope but I have never felt more passionate about anything/anyone than exploring an abandoned building.

One year ago at the peak of my loneliness and despair I started exploring ruins with my eyes from the safety of my own room. I fell in love with the Haikyos of Japan, the houses of Detroit and the hospitals of Europe.  But soon enough I realised this wasn't enough for me, I wanted to be there to inhale the musty air, to tread the rotten floorboards and to absorb the atmosphere of an era past.

So then I set out with my iPhone 5 camera, starting humble in my home town of Auckland, determined to seek out hidden secrets that everyone else in the world has forgotten. And after one year of adrenaline rushes, police evasion, hobo evasion, stories, memories, photo collections I think I should share it with the world before all that inhaled asbestos kills me. Or I fall through the floorboards in my next adventure.


Can I also mention I'm a big fan of sunsets?

No comments:

Post a Comment